As we have already seen for pipes, it is reductive to speak of a plastic manhole as this material has many differences depending on whether it is polyethylene, polypropylene or PVC.
In general, we are talking about a material that is being used more and more in construction because it has numerous advantages. The use of plastic manholes has the following characteristics:
- lightness for easier transport, storage and laying at the yard;
- easy and fast laying;
- easy to assemble at the yard;
- absolute watertightness thanks to seals connected to through pipes;
- possibility of creating an integrated system of the same material equally resistant to abrasion and chemical agents contained in wastewater;
- possibility for manholes to be made of plastic on the engineer drawing (angular manholes, jump manholes, manholes with several inlets);
- fast supply especially for moulded base manholes;
- possibility to connect pipes made of different materials (smooth PE, PVC, stoneware).
Compared to concrete manholes which are commonly used for sewer systems, plastic manholes guarantee:
- higher resistance to abrasion for more durable manholes;
- greater resistance to chemical aggression by acids and solvents;
- less weight, which reduces the final construction time and above all the risk of accidents;
- extreme versatility due to the fact that plastic is a more flexible material and allows for a wide range of manholes.
All Polieco Manholes Composition of a manhole